What Is Bible Art Journaling
Bible art journaling is a growing movement, where many are creating on the pages of their Bible as a devotional process. It is also sometimes also called Bible Journaling or Illuminated Journaling. The idea is to engage more freely with the Word of God in new ways and to record personally inspiring scriptures in creative and artistic ways, which serve to remind us of moments in our personal journey with God and help us grow in our faith.
The Bible Art Journaling Challenge
In 2015, I launched the original Bible Art Journaling Challenge, with a year-long weekly series here on my blog, to help you encounter Jesus through creativity. In 2016, there is a new monthly series allowing opportunity to enjoy both as time permits.
The Bible Art Journaling Challenge series’ are entirely free and open to everyone! Artists, scrapbookers, art journalers, creatively interested and those with no creative experience… all are welcome! Please join me and bring your friends along!
Regardless which series, each Bible Art Journaling Challenge lesson, always includes a video, combining a free devotional and creative tutorial, centered around a particular section of scripture, finishing with a challenge for you to join me creating on that same section of scripture, in any way you like. The Facebook Group and Google+ Community have become wonderful places to connect and share with others who are also joining in.
All individual Bible Art Journaling Challenges remain freely available at all times. This is your creative journey with God and I pray these series are a blessing to you, as they have come to be for many others like you. See this as a bonus to your time with God as you meditate on His Word with creative pleasure. In the Bible Art Journaling Challenge, meditating on God’s Word through creative play is the key. Sharing what our creative time with God brings about, has become a sweet thing!
How To Participate In A Bible Art Journaling Challenge Series
I would be thrilled to have you join me! To participate in any Bible Art Journaling Challenge series or individual, here is what you need to know…
- Firstly, I encourage you to sign up for my email updates so you never miss out. Don’t worry, I’m too busy to spam you and you can unsubscribe any time you like. You can enter your first name and email on the right side of the page (or bottom of page on a mobile device)!
- Go to the series page for the original Bible Art Journaling Challenge and/or the Heaven Is Calling series, to learn all about the particular series and see the archives.
- I want to welcome you to participate in any challenge, at any time! You can respond to as few or as many of the individual challenges offered. It’s better you join in sometimes than not at all. 🙂 There is no pace to keep up with, or required reading. This is about creatively enriching, not replacing, our individual God time.
- To participate, you can respond to any challenge (current or past). Simply create on your own Bible page or art journal using the scripture associated to the challenge you’re responding to. You do not have to use the art supplies or techniques I share.
- Once you’ve begun to participate, you may want to join the Facebook Group and/or Google+ Community to be part of the Bible Art Journaling Challenge community! If you have created using a scripture in any challenge, you may want to share! Our safe, fun and encouraging community will add such a richness to your creative devotional experience. You are not required to share, but I am positive you’ll enjoy the interaction!
If you join our Facebook Group or Google+ Community, here are our few important guidelines every member must follow…
- While in our Facebook Group or Google+ Community, if you share a photo PLEASE write in the text description which challenge you’re participating in to help me not mistake it as an unrelated post. Perhaps label it… “Original Series Week __”, or “HIC Series Lesson __” before sharing what you want to say about it. Thank you so much!
- Please only post artwork photos which relate to verses from any challenge. All unrelated posts are sadly deleted. The groups were created as a community for participants and I appreciate you helping us remain relevant. If you see unrelated posts in the Facebook Group, you can help by selecting the ‘v’ in the top right of that post and choosing to “Report To Admin”, so I can be notified.
- No sharing links, unless to share a blog post or video where you’ve shared how you’ve participated in the Bible Art Journaling Challenge. Upon request, I occasionally share links to things as the admin, including sales for popular products in our series supply lists.
- Feel free to talk about supplies and techniques, to your hearts content. It’s good to help each other out!
- Last but importantly, I have a policy in my social media groups, where no one is allowed to put their creativity down. What you create is personal, meaningful and beautiful. It is not measured by another persons standards and you are safe to grow and be loved. If you aren’t yet creating to a standard you dream of, let it spur you on, rather than bog you down in unfair expectations. Try looking for the beauty in what you’re not entirely satisfied with and let time and practice improve your skill. In this space, nobody is allowed to say they are not an artist. After all, we are created in the image of the greatest Artist of all time. We are bound to have some creativity waiting to be unleashed in us all. 🙂
If you’d want to share a picture of your own creative responses to a challenge on your favorite social media and/or blog, use the hashtag #BibleArtJournalingChallenge in your social media post text and tag me (@RebekahRJones), so we can all follow along together.
You can join me on social media…
- Facebook RebekahRJonesArtist
- Instagram @RebekahRJones
- Pinterest RebekahRJones
- YouTube MrsRebekahRJones
If you’d like to use my images on your blog or website to share about the the Bible Art Journaling Challenge, please contact me. I’d love to hear from you!
It’s important to me that you here this… I’d rather you joined me sometimes, than feel “behind” and stop. Just do what excites you and gets you into the Word! Will you join me in a Bible Art Journaling Challenge series? I’d love to have you! Don’t forget to join my emails to the right of this page, to ensure you don’t miss out!
Bible Art Journaling Supplies
I’ve made a fairly comprehensive Bible art journaling, art supplies page full of links to recommended supplies. It also links to my internal blog posts I’ve done with helpful tips on specific Bible art journaling techniques.
Bible Art Journaling Challenge Series Archives
If you’ve decided to participate in any Bible Art Journaling Challenge series (or all!), head to the individual pages for those series.
Click a series image below, to visit its page, for all the info you’ll need to participate in that particular series, plus a lesson archive for it.